Monday, November 19

CE Certified: "That's What She Said"

I'll admit it. I am jealous of Julie Elgar.

I have serious blog envy. Don't get me wrong, we love providing you guys color commentary on the L&E crumbs we get thrown, but Ms. Elgar is sitting at the table. Her latest post began thusly:

Well, it finally happened. An employee has sued Dunder Mifflin for wrongful termination. I’m not usually one to say “I told you so” but, somehow, I just can’t stop myself this morning.

Yeah, Elgar's blawg, That's What She Said, provides weekly wednesday-morning quarterbacking of NBC's The Office, complete with estimated final dollar amount of the sure-to-follow lawsuit (last week's was $200k).

If you haven't checked out That's What She Said, you now have no excuse. We've had a link on the right forever, and now we've given it the "Current Employment Certified" 20-point inspection. As icing, here's another quote from "The Deposition":

[D]espite what Jan may think now, Michael’s testimony might not be that bad for her case. Sure he went “off message,” but he is also a regional manager who just referred to his former supervisor’s breasts as “the twins.” Under oath. That
just doesn’t look good. At all.

Seriously, go read the blog. Do it especially if you're not an attorney - Ms. Elgar's analyses generally end with real-world advice for HR departments.